Pet Insurance – is it for you?
We’re now an approved Appointed Representative for Agria, which we think offers the best pet insurance cover and the best customer service for you and your pet.
We advise that the right pet insurance is a really good thing to have. The available treatment options for your pet have greatly expanded over the past few years. Veterinary specialist referral centres mean that your pet can have access to life saving treatments & surgical operations that in earlier times simply would not have been available. But with this increase in advanced medical and surgical care there can also be a very significant cost. If you get the right insurance your pet will be more able to have access to these treatments and that means you can be certain that your pet gets the best help available should they become ill or get injured.
We recommend Agria’s pet insurance to all our clients to help cover unexpected vets bills.
It is really important to understand that not all pet insurance policies are the same. Some policies limit the amount of time, money or both that you can claim for so don’t just look at price alone.
At Vet Value we recommend Agria’s lifetime insurance products for the following reasons:
• Lifetime cover for dogs, cats and rabbits
• Cover for up to £12,500 of veterinary costs – renewed each year
• A choice of the things you want to cover
• An option to cover for breeding risks for dogs & cats
• Agria’s pet insurance expertise with 125 year’s experience
• A UK based customer service centre who are there to help
• 5 Weeks Free insurance ! : Immediate cover issued by us for dogs & cats under 18 months old
• First 2 months at half price !
• Free access to their Pet Health Helpline 24/7
How do you find the right pet insurance?
A good place to start is the Money Advice Service which is an independent service set up by the government. Their pet insurance advice page is available at www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk (opens in a new tab).
MoneySavingExpert.com also offer some good advice – but please remember that the policy terms are really important – not just the lowest premium cost. There is little more upsetting for our vets and nurses than not being able to refer a pet with specialist needs because a client has the wrong insurance and cannot afford the treatment.
You can also check out the individual sites of insurers some links to well known pet insurance providers are set out below:* **
* We do not advise that any of these insurers are the best or only insurers available and it is important that you research your insurer carefully before committing to insure your pet.
**If you are a pet insurance provider and would like us to list your website please contact us at Vet Value LLP. 18 Field Street, Shepshed, Loughborough, Leicestershire LE12 9AL